How many students are in a class?
- Chicago Heights classes have 6 poles in each room. One is for instructor demonstration and the other 5 will have 1-2 students per pole depending on enrollment
- New Lenox classes have 4 poles in the room. One is for the instructor or for students doing a make up class and the other 3 will have 1-2 students per pole depending on enrollment
Will I lose weight or gain strength taking pole classes?
- Pole classes include a vigorous workout but depending on the level, may supply cardio or toning/conditioning. Additional workouts are recommended in addition to pole class unless you are taking multiple classes each week.
- Classes incorporate a workout just as all dance classes do so each class will include a mandatory warm up and cool down
Are men allowed to take pole dance classes?
- The majority of pole classes are for women only but some classes are coed. Check the schedule for coed classes.
I have pole dance experience or consider myself very strong – do I have to start with grounded pole?
- Regardless of strength or other aerial experience using the pole requires familiarity with the apparatus and how to safely and effectively use the pole.
- All studios have different methods of teaching. We wish to ensure a safe and satisfactory experience for our clients.
- Progression from one level to the next is determined by your ability and the instructors evaluation.Not everyone is ready to move on at the same time
- All students must satisfactorily perform moves at each level before advancing to the next.
- Starting at a different level or skipping levels/classes must be approved by one on one evaluation during a paid private lesson.
How old do I have to be to take classes?
We are open only to those who are ages 18 and over
I am pregnant and my doctor cleared me to exercise – can I take aerial classes?
We encourage and support a healthy, active pregnancy lifestyle. However we cannot allow pregnant women to take aerial classes due to insurance regulations.
How to Prepare for class:
- Wear comfortable workout gear: shorts and short sleeve tops. Longer pants that can be pulled up above your knees can be worn in level one sessions.
- The majority of our classes are done in bare feet.
- Do not apply oils or lotions prior to class
- Do not wear hand or wrist jewelry to class as it can cause injury as well as damage poles – you will be asked to remove it
- Bring bottled water to class. Bottled water may be purchased for $1 at the studio.
- Yoga mats are provided for warm up but you may bring your own yoga mat to class
- Do not bring any personal items aside from a cell phone (if needed) into the class room, and please keep it on silent.
- You do not need to have your own pole for the basic or intermediate levels. However you will enjoy your classes more if you have a pole at home for practice
- Having your own pole is required for advanced levels.